Who are Fraser Coast Mates?
Fraser Coast Mates is a local not-for-profit organisation that aims to build local awareness and grow conversations about mental wellbeing by bridging the gap between those suffering and the local support services that are available.
The number one goal of Fraser Coast Mates is to encourage people on the Fraser Coast to be better equipped to help their mates and colleagues through times of struggle. We accomplish this by telling local stories, sharing educational content around what services are available locally, offering a free counselling service and coordinating community events.
By attending and supporting our events you are actively contributing to the awareness of mental wellness services and to a free counselling service for our mates who are in need.
Are You A Friend/Family?
Have you noticed a mate or loved one show signs that they are struggling including withdrawing from others, a down mood or going through a stressful time? Scroll below for assistance from services that are open 24/7.
Are you in crisis?
If you are in an emergency, or at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others, please contact emergency services on 000 (or 112 from a mobile phone).
To talk to someone immediately, please call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or the Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
Are you an employer?
Have your employees been a stressful situation at work or have you noticed they just aren't acting like themselves? There are always ways that you can support them by passing on information about local mental wellness services.
If you are feeling like you can’t talk to anyone in your immediate circle about some of the issues you are going through and you would be best talking to a professional - that’s more than okay! There are many anonymous ways of getting support external to those close to you. Just don’t leave it too long before you seek the brain health tools you need.
Contact our team for free counselling sessions
As a result of fundraising efforts from the Fraser Coast community, Fraser Coast Mates in able to offer free counselling sessions for our mates who are struggling and need to speak to someone. Please note that all enquiries for assistance are kept strictly confidential.
If you or someone you know would like to make use of this service, please submit an enquiry below and we will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.
24 Hour Emergency Contacts
- Men’s Line Australia 1300 789 978
- Standby Response Service - 24 hour Suicide Bereavement Support - 0407 766 961
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service 1800 177 833
- Direct Mental Health 1300 64 22 55
Hotlines & Mental Health Services
- Maryborough Hospital 4122 8222
- eHeadspace - Confidential, free and secure space, 12 to 25 year olds and families can web chat, email or speak with a qualified mental health professional - 1800 650 890
- Health Direct - 24 hour health advice 1800 022 222
- Hervey Bay Hospital - 4325 6666
- Mental Health Line - Expert mental health advice, support and referrals for people dealing with a mental health problem - 1800 011 511