The physical benefits of incorporating regular movement and exercise into your routine is widely known, but did you know there are just as many positives for your mental wellbeing too?
Just like the brain has control over the entire body, the body also directly impacts on the brain and levels of mental wellness in reverse. Adding just 30 minutes of exercise or basic movement into your day can have the following positive effects:
- Reduce feelings of anxiety and depression
- Create a routine to keep you focussed in times of uncertainty
- Improve mood
- Build self-esteem
- Minimise the effects of stress
- Allow for greater concentration and focus throughout the day
- Improving quality of sleep - crucial for maintaining a good headspace
If you’re not sure how to start incorporating movement in your life, check out the range of sporting and exercise groups that you can join across the Fraser Coast which will also give you a chance to connect with likeminded people.